|Saxo 1.1i SX|
|228 932 km|
The descriptions and comments in the section Myreview car based on personal opinions and experiences of users. Sanoma Media Netherlands BV ( 'Sanoma') can not be held responsible for the contents or possible consequences. In Myreview car will be placed both good and bad experiences. The editors may expressions that do not meet the rules of conduct or unlawful modify or delete at all times.
It is not allowed without permission of Sanoma to use the information for Myreview Auto or to spread through other media.
Back in the (s) AX (o)
- 228 935 km
- September 3, 2015 10:30
More than ten years ago I bought my first Citroen AX. A car where I would stay for years devoted to - there was a GT, GT Chic, a GTI, a diesel ... they showed themselves piece by piece reliable (unlike what many people think about French cars!), Inexpensive keep moving, spicy and relatively comfortable. With the purchase of AX also came AXClub, I learned tinkering, tuning caught the virus (I'm quite a fan of "sleeper" - a lot of power with just but pretty much standard appearance), and the AX GT I ever even got an article in AutoWeek
After years of a sudden you come without a car to sit, and find something cheap to get to B with A. And then suddenly a Saxo (the direct successor of the AX) past. 10cm longer wheelbase, but technically almost identical, and since I know as my pocket technique also a very logical choice.
After a 306 Cabriolet 1.6 biting at my fingers slipped over so once again made a test ride in a pink Saxo 1.1i. I still drove only three kilometers, but I am quite convinced of the care of the first (and only!) Owner, even if he does need an overhaul.
That big beurtje course I am doing, and I give my little Francaise immediately for Bluebell Round
To be continued!
The first experiences
- 231600 km
- September 23, 2015 20:40
Well ... there are almost 3,000 km passing under the wheels of those crazy Saxo. If you "barrels containing" buys you never know what else comes up drive repairs, but this seems to fall along. Until now observed:
- the cylinder head gasket is leaking (in the "standard angle", Co-driver's side at the front of the block). Any resulting oil leak, the coolant is bright and the oil remains exactly as light as I poured it in. Given the cylinder heads of these blocks almost never draw crooked I replace the distribution immediately change the head gasket (and the head bolts) here.
- found on closer inspection the brakes do not quite feel good, this is after freeing rear brakes again resolved. I soon replace the brake fluid even preventively.
- leaking a little water along the interior antenna (after standing still in a rain drop a few drops). The antenna is directly screwed into the roof. I have to wait a few dry days then please seal with silicone.
- it forms rust on the tailgate, courtesy of a poor rubber to the window. I leave it provisionally; it can not be solved without painting and I did not over there right now.
What minor ailments so, the animal is already 18 years old and I actually think'm riding very neat for his age.
Incidentally, I was very positively surprised by consumption; with shows 1 in 20 (TWENTY! 5 liters / 100 km!) just to realize many long distances at normal speeds! As far as I am concerned Saxo remain here ...
Down with the Saxo!
- 240000 km
- November 30, 2015 00:01
Oops ... I had advance plans to have happy and long drive with the Saxo, I'm suddenly exchanged!
The need for a larger car surely began to emerge a bit, also the Saxo MOT had gone when I returned from a trip abroad. A "test test" learned that the carbon emissions was far from good, which probably was related to oil consumption. A koprevisie was actually on the schedule, but I had that need a larger car .. cha, it's a simple equation: Does the thing more without MOT, or after investment and adopt?
After a night of googling I found a neat Xsara (bigger!), With just as TU engine (known!). This car had a fresh MOT but did not start suddenly (problems do not exist, challenges do!), So telephone consultations over a trade deal and the next Saturday the plunge.
You can read more in my next review. Saxo Bye bye!
- comfort 4.0
- performance 3.0
- reliability 5.0
- cost 5.0
- Would you buy a car from this brand? Yes